2013年1月4日星期五

'It sucked the life out of me': Julianne Hough opens up about how being abused as a child made her a 'dark person'

She has opened up about her painful past in recent days.
And now Julianne Hough has revealed the mental and physical abuse she endured as a child made her into a 'dark person.'
The Dancing With The stars favourite also talked about how difficult it in the aftermath to deal with the trauma she suffered.
Speaking out: Julianne Hough revealed more about her abusive past on Entertainment Tonight
Speaking out: Julianne Hough revealed more about her abusive past on Entertainment Tonight
Speaking to Entertainment Tonight, she said: 'I've been through certain things that have sucked the life out of me, and just the light about me was gone, and I was just a dark person.'
The Rock of Ages star had previously revealed the abuse happened at the hands of the adults around her during her time at the exclusive Italia Conti Academy of Arts in London.
She spoke to the hit magazine show on the set of her new movie Safe Haven, which is due to be released next month.
Getting things off her chest: Julianne made the revelations as she promotes her forthcoming film Safe Haven
Getting things off her chest: Julianne made the revelations as she promotes her forthcoming film Safe Haven
Her character Katie is forced to confront an abusive past in the film, which brought back painful memories for the dancer turned actress.
Julianne, who is dating DJ Ryan Seacrest, added: 'Being Katie, I relate a lot to her. 
'The fact that she had been in one situation that just sucked the life out of her, and it was a bad situation, and she needed to change and move on and kind of find her own again. And through that you find love and everything.'
Beyond her years: Julianne confessed she looked older than her age and was 'very sensual dancer'
Beyond her years: Julianne confessed she looked older than her age and was 'very sensual dancer'
The Utah native was 10 when her parents divorced,  while her older brother Derek was studying dance at the prestigious London school, and when a slot opened up there she promptly joined him.
And that's when the trouble began.
Former Dancing With The Stars champion Julianne, 24, said the abuse happened when she was very young.
She told Cosmopolitan magazine: 'I was 10 years old looking like I was 28, being a very sensual dancer.
'I was a tormented little kid who had to put on this sexy facade because that was my job and my life. 
'But my heart was the same, and I was this innocent little girl. I wanted so much love.
'While I was in London, I was abused, mentally, physically, everything.
'I'm a very forgiving person, and I don't want to hurt anybody. What's past is past.'
She also said she knew this would be a side that people were unaware of about her.
Julienne said: 'I think a lot of people got to know me through Dancing with the Stars and don't really know about my past before that, which I don't talk about much.'
Julianne's personal life is much more stable these days though and she is in a committed relationship with 38-year-old TV presenter Ryan Seacrest.
They have been dating for roughly two years and despite both of their manic schedules try and keep things as romantic as possible.
She added: 'We love what we do. We take pride in giving it our all, but then when we’re alone, we really focus in on going to dinners and being extra-romantic and affectionate and just being there for each other.'
Back in the day: Julianne with her macho brother Derek when they were both young wannabes
Back in the day: Julianne with her macho brother Derek when they were both young wannabes

没有评论:

发表评论